Sure, we all know that Canada is home to some amazing beaches. From coast to coast, there are incredible places to dip your toes or take in the sunset. But, what about finding a Canadian beach to skinny dip? That’s a little harder, but it turns out that one spot is apparently among the best in the world.
The dating review website MyDatingAdviser has created a ranking of the best spots globally, using what they call ‘skinny dipping friendliness’ metrics. These are pollution, Blue Flag status, weather, air temperature, water temperature, safety, and hotel cost. What’s Blue Flag status? Basically, places around the world that are recognized for their adherence to a safe, environmentally friendly atmosphere.
Canada’s best public golf courses of 2021 have been ranked & here are the top spots
This Canadian province got singled out by Stephen Colbert for an ‘old-timey’ health issue (VIDEO)
From there, they rounded up the top 100 spots to skinny dip, then picked the best ones from 25 different countries. And wouldn’t you know it, Vancouver’s own Wreck Beach managed to get in there! Here’s the full list, just in case you were planning a vacation soon.
- Lokrum Island, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Spiaggia della Lecciona, Tuscany, Ital
- Maslin Beach, Adelaide, Australia
- English Garden, Munich, Germany
- Barreta Island, Faro, Portugal
- Red Beach, Crete, Greece
- Washougal River, Washington State, USA
- Plage de Tahiti, St Tropez, France
- Praia de Galheta, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Pihlajasaari Beach, Helsinki, Finland
- Green Lake, Styria, Austria
- Vecaki Beach, Riga, Latvia
- Bellevue Beach, Klampenborg, Denmark
- Huk Beach, Oslo, Norway
- Playa Levante, Formentera, Spain
- Mpenjati Nature Reserve, Port Edward, South Africa
- Viti Lake, Askja Caldera, Iceland
- Banyan Tree Lijiang, Yunnan, China
- Little Palm Beach, Auckland, New Zealand
- Arambol Beach, Goa India
- Semuc Champey, Lanquín, Guatemala
- UK – Lady Falls, Neath, United Kingdom
- Wreck Beach, Vancouver, Canada
- Orient Bay, St. Martin, Caribbean
- Neve Midbar Beach, Dead Sea, Israel
Of course, the majority of the list was for more, ahem, progressive beachgoers, with the vast majority coming out of Europe. However, we were just as surprised to see that countries like China and Israel have some hidden gem skinny dipping spots of their own. Well, the more you know!
As for Wreck Beach? We honestly would have been upset if it wasn’t the best Canadian beach to skinny dip at. After all, it’s like a rite of passage for more adventurous travellers. Will you be joining them?
Read more in Lifestyle
10 stunning hikes that you can do near Calgary this spring
Mr. Worldwide: Pitbull is set to kick off the 2023 Calgary Stampede & here's when you can get tickets
Happy first day of Spring! Here's what's in the forecast for Calgary this week
Pedro Pascal as Calgary Stampede's parade marshal? There's a petition for it & it has over 5k signatures
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now