As you probably already know, besides the game itself and the half-time show, the annual Super Bowl ads are some of the most anticipated viewing moments for all.
After a successful win by the Kansas City Chiefs and a stunning performance by Rihanna, YouTube took a look at its top-watched Super Bowl ads during game day on Sunday. And here’s what they found.
Whether you watched the famous Super Bowl ads on Sunday or plan to watch them very soon, YouTube has gathered and revealed the top 10 most popular ads during the Super Bowl.
Considering that Canadian broadcasters didn’t air U.S. commercials, they had to find other means to watch them.
“YouTube has become the go-to destination for Super Bowl culture. From highlights and player interviews to recipes and past half-time shows, Canadians are coming to YouTube to celebrate the Big Game. And brands are leaning into the before, during, and post-game moments to reach their audiences.” said YouTube Canada’s Head of Brand Strategy Karen Zuccala.
Days prior to the big day, many of the top 10 brands released teaser ads for fans like Alicia Silverstone as Cher from 1995 film Clueless in a teaser for Rakuten. According to YouTube, the extended version was the ad that tore through the top 10 list.
The video streaming platform also found that ads with our favourite celebs like Melissa McCarthy, Will Farrell, and duo Snoop and Martha Stewart, were also among the popular crowd.
1. Booking.com – Melissa McCarthy in “Somewhere, Anywhere”
2. T-Mobile – New year. New neighbor. | 2023 Big Game Day Commercial
3. Skechers – Skechers x Snoop Dogg Big Game Commercial
4. The Fast Saga – FAST X | Official Trailer
5. Made by Google – Official Google #FixedOnPixel SB Commercial 2023 with Amy Schumer, Giannis Antetokounmpo & Doja Cat
6. Rakuten – The Extended Cher Cut
7. Kia America – Binky Dad
8. Pepsi – Great Acting or Great Taste?
9. Avocados from Mexico – Make It Better – Avocados From Mexico | Big Game Commercial 2023 | #makeitbetter
10. Paramount Plus – A Mountain of Entertainment | “Stallone Face” Big Game Commercial
Did you watch any of these? If so, which ones are your favourites? We definitely loved the Canadian shout-out by David Grohl in Crown Royal’s “Thank You Canada” Super Bowl ad – although it didn’t make the top 10.
It’s okay Grohl, it’s top 10 in our hearts.