Canada’s top growing companies of 2020 show how business has changed
A new report from the Globe and Mail shows Canada’s top growing companies of 2020, and we have to say things are looking a lot different this year. While there are some more traditional companies on there, it’s clear that we’re entering a digital age, and the pandemic just sped things up. Let’s check it out!
The list is ranked based on revenue growth over the past 3 years of business, ending no later than April 30 of this year. In order to qualify, businesses had to Canadian-run, based in Canada, and do at least $2M in business this past year. There are a couple of other qualifications, but those are the big ones.
Introducing Canada’s Top Growing Companies for 2020!#TopGrowing20
— ROB Magazine (@robmagca) September 25, 2020
Coming in at number one is the company Rx Drug Mart, whose revenue has grown a whopping 13,940%. The company buys and operates independent pharmacies across Canada. While we couldn’t find any financial information, we have a feeling that an aging population means more pharmacy owners are looking to retire, as more people are requiring medication. Pretty smart, actually.
But, the rest of the top 10 shows a real shift in what’s profitable these days, let’s check it out:
- Rx Drug Mart- Toronto – 13,940%
- Nova Leap- Health care services for seniors- Halifax – 8,602%
- Vitalis Extraction- Carbon Dioxide extraction services- Kelowna, BC – 8,090%
- Mistplay- Loyalty program for mobile video games- Montreal, 7,578%
- Fuelled- Online marketplace for oil and gas equipment- Calgary 6,661%
- Flexiti – Facilitates point-of-sale loans for retail customers – Toronto5,748%
- Dialogue – Provides telemedicine services – Montreal – 4,944%
- Smash + Tess – Everyday apparel for women – Richmond, BC – 4,922%
- LBC Studios – Mobile video game publisher – Vancouver – 4,811%
- Exzell Pharma Inc. – Pharma products – Markham, ON – 4,703%
If you’d like to check out the full list of Canada’s top growing companies this year, just click here!