Ahhh, a resort getaway. You get there and immediately kick your feet up, knowing that you won’t be worrying about groceries, activities, or any other ‘normal life’ things. And while a quick trip to Mexico is always in the cards, a new list of the top resort hotels across Canada might have you thinking twice about leaving your own backyard.
As part of this year’s World’s Best Awards, Travel + Leisure asked readers to give their opinions not only around the world, but for Canada specifically. Readers were asked about a variety of indicators, from the location to the rooms and amenities to the services offered during a stay. Basically, everything you’d want to check off on a major getaway.
View this post on Instagram
With that in mind, here’s what Travel + Leisure came up with for the top resort hotels in Canada this year:
- Manoir Hovey, North Hatley, Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler, British Columbia
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta
- Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, La Malbaie, Quebec
- Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alberta
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Alberta
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, British Columbia
- Fairmont Le Château Montebello, Montebello, Quebec
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, British Columbia
- The Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, British Columbia
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the list was dominated by some of the country’s most iconic regions, from Alberta’s Rocky Mountains to the lush beauty of Vancouver Island. And naturally, Fairmont dominated amongst the brands, being practically synonymous with Canada’s most desirable destinations.
What did raise our eyebrows, though, is the exclusion of some other top destinations, including Ontario’s Cottage Country and the seaside beauty of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Oh well, maybe they’re high on the list for new developments down the line.