If you love themed dining experiences, this is for you. H Tasting Lounge at The Westin Bayshore in Vancouver is launching an all-new fairy tale-themed afternoon tea service, just in time for the warmer months.
Complete with whimsical eats and drinks and dazzling decor, Once Upon a Time Afternoon Tea is inspired by the stuff of fairy tales – from forbidden forests to faraway mystical lands.
Each table will feature an elegant golden Ferris wheel decked out with treats created by Pastry Chef Martha Ebro, ranging from “Pixie Dust” cotton candy with edible gold to poached spot prawns “Under the Salish Sea.”
Vancouver’s Honda Celebration of Light is back this summer & here are the participating countries
‘Mean Girls’ and ‘Hairspray’: Here are all the Broadway shows coming to Vancouver this season
Here are the 10 dishes that guests can expect to see:
- Pixie Dust: Cotton candy, a medley of freeze-dried berries, edible gold
- Red’s Gift Basket: Hibiscus lemon ginger tea & dried cranberry scones, housemade clotted cream & forest berry jam)
- Snow White’s Temptation: White chocolate bavaroise, apple compote, red glaze, gold flakes
- Hansel & Gretel’s Obsession: Moist chocolate fudge cake, apricot & raspberry confit, chocolate glaze, pop rocks, chocolate bark
- 孙悟空 (The Monkey King): Black sesame almond sponge, mandarin cream, sesame croquant, lychee chantilly
- The Snow Queen’s Palace: Ice wine panna cotta, blackberries, sugar glass
- Humpty’s Fall: Salish sea salt & Bayshore honey-cured yolk, house-preserved lemon & chive crème fraîche, brioche
- A Big Bad Wolf’s Afternoon Tea: Jambon blanc & island brie pinwheel, sweet & spicy red pepper jelly, textured pork cracklings
- Under the Salish Sea: Poached west coast spot prawns, savoury tartlet, calamansi aioli, baby dill, rainbow kelp tuile
- Your Highness: Chickpea spread, tendril sprouts, English pea, malt-dusted shimeji mushroom
Guests can indulge in one of five curated Champagnes by Piper Heidsieck, Charles Heidsieck, and Dom Ruinart, or keep it traditional with a selection of loose-leaf teas by o5 Rare Teas and Tealeaves.
So mark your calendars for Saturday, May 20th, when the magical experience officially launches. Afternoon tea service will be held every weekend to follow, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Tickets can be purchased online for $72 per person plus tax and gratuity, with a two-guest minimum.
Once Upon a Time Afternoon Tea
When: Available every Saturday and Sunday starting on May 20th
Where: 1601 Bayshore Drive
Cost: $72 per person
Read more in Food & Drink
Summer scoops: Here are 14 of the best places to grab ice cream in Vancouver
Metro Vancouver is getting a California-inspired restaurant with a late night happy hour
Moxies just opened its second DT Vancouver location with new look, new vibe & new menu items
10 delicious spots to check out in Vancouver for National Donut Day
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now