With spring just days away, camping and hiking are soon going to be at the forefront of many Washingtonian’s minds. And while everyone has their favorite places to go, our state’s iconic Mount Rainier National Park just ranked among the best national parks in the US. Here’s where Rainier ranks.
Travel + Leisure has released its list of the 12 best national parks in the US. The US has 63 of these parks which draw millions of visitors to check out our countries nature. From simply driving through to serious hiking and camping, there is so much to do in these parks.
THING at Fort Worden announces its lineup & it includes Lil Yachty and Cigarettes After Sex
You can enjoy free State Park Days in Washington this March & here’s when
View this post on Instagram
The 12 best national parks in the US are as follows:
- Sequoia National Park, California
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina, and Tennessee
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
- Haleakalā National Park, Hawaii
- Yosemite National Park, California
- Arches National Park, Utah
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho
- Glacier National Park, Montana
It’s no surpise that Mount Rainier made the top 5. It got points for being the Cascade Range’s tallest volcano and for having 25 named glaciers. It just so happens to be the most glaciated peak in the contiguous US and has more than 275 miles of hiking trails. What’s not to love?
Read more in Lifestyle
The U District Cherry Blossom Festival is officially on & here's what to expect
Here's everything coming to Netflix US this April
Seattle has a brand new professional cricket team debuting this summer & here's what we know
We asked AI to give us portraits of Seattle as people & here are the results
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now