With Family Day just around the corner, now is as good a time as any to dive into some of the family-friendly events you can take advantage of this year. And in BC, the government is providing $300k in funding to help families across the province access free Family Day activities – so get ready to leave your wallets at home.
From February 17th to 20th, British Columbians can take advantage of dozens of free recreational activities, from free museum admission to family fairs.
“Whether it’s a visit to a recreation centre, museum or art gallery, we know many British Columbians plan to celebrate the holiday weekend with a special activity with loved ones,” said Lana Popham, Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport. “Our government’s annual investment in Family Day ensures British Columbians have a great selection of events in their local communities where cost is not a barrier.”
This popular two-day music festival is returning to Metro Vancouver & the lineup is insane
14 delicious spots for cheap breakfast in and around Vancouver
View this post on Instagram
Administered by the BC Museums Association and BC Recreation and Parks Association, this funding will help community-based organizations cover the costs of hosting free Family Day activities across the province.
Whether you want to go on a hike, go ice skating or swimming, or take part in cultural activities at your local community centre, there are plenty of options to consider for every member of the family.
Here are 10 options available at no cost in Vancouver:
- Thunderbird CC Family Day – 2311 Cassiar Street
- Family Day Event at Hastings Community Centre – 3096 East Hastings
- Family Day Celebration at Douglas Park – 801 West 22nd Avenue
- Family Day with West Point Grey – 4297 West 2nd Avenue
- Family Day Pajama Party at Strathcona Community Centre – 601 Keefer Street
- Family Day Celebration at Trout Lake – 3360 Victoria Drive
- Sunset Family Day Fun – 6810 Main Street
- Kerrisdale BC Family Day – 5851 West Boulevard
- BC Family Day Celebration at False Creek Community Centre – 1318 Cartwright Street
- Family Fair at The Roundhouse – 181 Roundhouse Mews
For even more admission-free Family Day events to check out in BC, you can visit here.
And that’s the list, Vancouver. Whether you stay in town or are planning a road trip over the long weekend, there are plenty of free activities to enjoy with your loved ones this year.
Read more in Things To Do
6 egg-citing Easter events to check out in & around Vancouver this year
Booted off your family streaming service account? Mike’s Hard is turning lemons into lemonade, enter to learn how!
This BC beer and music festival has multiple dates & kicks off next month
10 of the best things to do in and around Vancouver this weekend (March 24-26)
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now