With Pride month around the corner, it’s a great time to get excited about all things Vancouver Pride this August. And until then, we’ve got another exciting event to share: A special Drag Superstar Afternoon Tea service at H Tasting Lounge.
With Canada’s Drag Race finalist Kendall Gender headlining the show, H Tasting Lounge is set to transform into a vibrant stage. Joining the Canadian icon are fellow drag superstars Tiffany Ann Co, Jaylene Tyme, and Rose Butch.
As for the spread of afternoon tea delights, guests can expect a mix of bites and sips.
Each guest will be met with a surprise sparkling cocktail at the door, with a full menu of premium champagnes available.
Below are the 9 sweet and savoury dishes you can expect to feast on at the show:
- Slay Cones – green goddess scones, housemade clotted cream, forest jam
- La Reine – raspberry & lemon cream puffs
- Dusted! – dark chocolate yuzu ganache bar with matcha shortbread, sesame crunch
- Halleloo! – Pride cake: Roulade of rainbow sponge, cream cheese buttercream
- OMG! – lime-infused flan, seasonal berries, clear caramel, chantilly cream
- Pretty in Pink – poached free-run deviled egg, beet and chive-infused yolk, deviled chilli threads
- Chicken a la Queen – chicken & morrel mushroom terrine, fresh herb crust, savoury tomato jam, crostini
- What Beautiful Lox! – salmon lox, blini, champagne pearls, caviar, crème fraiche
- Le French Connection – french cucumber & white asparagus pinwheel, marble rye, dill & chive cream cheese
Vancouver’s Honda Celebration of Light is back this summer & here are the participating countries
‘Mean Girls’ and ‘Hairspray’: Here are all the Broadway shows coming to Vancouver this season
View this post on Instagram
All in all, the experience will set you back $99 plus tax and gratuity. Though can you really put a price tag on a multi-sensory feast?
The afternoon tea service and show will take place from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on Sunday, June 4th.
So there you have it, Vancouver. If you’re looking for a special meal out and a show, you know where to look.
When: Sunday, June 4th
Where: 1601 Bayshore Drive
Cost: $99 per person plus tax and gratuity