Bundle up, s’more lovers. After an incredibly successful 2020, the free Calgary community fire pits will soon be back and available to the public in hopes of warming the chillier months.
In order to promote COVID safe outdoor gatherings in the winter, the city placed a number of these fire pits throughout parks in each quadrant of Calgary last year and it was a hit!
Since then, the city has discussed making this a permanent fixture making a few minor changes to improve the program.
According to CBC News, 10 more locations will be added this season. In addition to this, bookings can be made on the same day of use instead of 5 days ahead like last year and, best of all, council may make some sites liquor-friendly.
This will be decided ahead of their year-two launch date of December 12th, so stay tuned!
View this post on Instagram
Until then, here’s a list of where the free Calgary firee pits will be located so you can start planning ahead!
- Hillhurst – Riley Park – 800 – 12 St. N.W.
- Kincora – Symons Valley Park – 465 Kincora Glen Rd. N.W.
- Mount Pleasant – Confederation Park- 905 – 30 Ave. N.W.
- Sherwood Park – 660 Sherwood Blvd. N.W.
- West Confederation Park (formerly Canmore Park) – 2836 Canmore Rd. N.W.
- Big Marlborough Park – 6021 Madigan Dr. NE
- Bridgeland Plaza – 912 General Ave. N.E.
- Mayland Heights – 320 – 19 St. N.E.
- Westwinds – Prairie Winds Park (SW and NE fire pits) – 223 Castleridge Blvd. N.E.
- Bankview – 2418 – 17 St SW
- Beltline – Thomson Family Park – 1236-16 AV SW
- Parkhill – Stanley Park – 330 – 42 Ave SW
- Spruce Cliff – Cedar Crescent Park – 411 Cedar Cr. S.W.
- Bowforth Park – 1034 5 Ave SW
- Richmond Community Park – 2620 – 20 St S.W.
- Inglewood – Mills Park – 1508 – 9 Ave. S.E.
- Copperfield Park – 41 Copperfield Pt. S.E.
- New Brighton Regional Park – 1012 New Brighton Dr. S.E.
- Deer Ridge Park – 60 Deerpath Rd. S.E.
Interested? To book your winter community fire pits– check out the City of Calgary website here on December 12th and have fun!