If you enjoy perusing the most interesting, unique Airbnb listings as much as you do staying in one, this is for you. Airbnb just dropped its highlights for summer 2023, and we have a BC stay that made the list of the top ten most wish-listed listings of all time. So buckle up!
Believe it or not, the charming Cob Cottage on Mayne Island was hand-sculpted using all sustainable, natural materials local to Vancouver Island.
Guests have access to the entire one-bedroom, one-bathroom home and surrounding property, which is located just a 10-minute walk away from the beach.
One visitor commented that guests can “sleep to the sound of frogs” and “wake up to the songs of birds.” So if a fairytale stay is what you’re after, you’ll definitely find it here!
Vancouver’s Honda Celebration of Light is back this summer & here are the participating countries
‘Mean Girls’ and ‘Hairspray’: Here are all the Broadway shows coming to Vancouver this season
The BC Airbnb also recently snagged the title for Canada’s Most Wish-listed Unique Stay— so if you want to book your staycation, you’ll have to try and nab a spot for next year before they’re all booked.
And if you’re keen on checking out other slower travel options, consider these minimally designed earth homes across Canada.
If you’re looking to see other parts of the world this summer, you can check out these top most wish-listed stays of all time:
- Balian treehouse – Bali, Indonesia
- Luxurious, lovely view – Riva, Italy
- 180° view villa – Bali, Indonesia
- Hector cave house – Santorini, Greece
- Secluded intown treehouse – Atlanta, Georgia, US
- The Seven Tone – Ivy trullo – Ostuni, Italy
- Le MICA Chalet – Quebec City, Canada
- Underground Hygge, Orondo – Washington, US
- Cob Cottage, Mayne Island – British Columbia, Canada
- Pool house with a view, Los Angeles – California, US
And there you have it, Vancouver. A great place to lie your head at night and explore Mayne Island by day. Happy travels!