It’s been quite a year for the restaurant industry in Canada when it comes to awards. But it looks like the wins are not over. More than 20 Canadian restaurants have been named as part of a new list, ranking some of the best restaurants in the world.
The results are in for the World’s Best Restaurant Selection 2023 and according to culinary review aggregator, La Liste, 21 out of the 1,000 restaurants listed can be found in Canada.
The French-based program was created by an international team of experts and food journalists headed by French entrepreneur, Philippe Faure, according to the organization. And every year, restaurants across the globe are rated based on a 100-point scale to list the best 1,000. La Liste also reviews hundreds of guidebooks, thousands of media publications, and millions of online reviews for its final selection.
These are the top 10 cities Canadians are visiting this winter
Here’s everything coming to Crave in Canada this December
View this post on Instagram
As part of its process, La Liste consults thousands of chefs and asks them to give their opinions about local guidebooks which are then ranked based on a “Trustworthiness index”. For online customer reviews, they give them a 10% weighting in the final “La Liste score”.
Well, according to the list, the majority of the recognized Canadian restaurants can be found in Toronto. Alo, Adulis, and Canoe Restaurant and Bar are just a few of the highly-rated restaurants to be named.
Here’s the list of Canadian restaurants to make the World’s Best Restaurant Selection 2023:
- Alo – Toronto, ON – 95.5%
- Edulis – Toronto, ON – 94%
- Pearl Morrisette – Lincoln, ON – 92.5%
- Langdon Hall Dining Room & Terrace – Cambridge, ON – 92%
- Toqué! – Montreal, QC – 91%
- Mon Lapin – Montreal, QC – 89%
- Published on Main – Vancouver, BC – 88%
- Canoe Restaurant and Bar – Toronto, ON – 85%
- St. Lawrence – Vancouver, BC – 83%
- Don Alfonso 1890 – Toronto, ON – 82.5%
- Eden – The Rimrock Resort – Banff, AB – 82.5%
- Joe Beef – Montreal, QC – 80.5%
- Scaramouche – Toronto, ON – 78.5%
- The River Café – Calgary, AB – 78.5%
- Hawksworth – Vancouver, BC – 78%
- La Banane – Toronto, ON – 76%
- Buca Osteria & Bar – Toronto, ON – 75.5%
- Cafe Boulud – Toronto, ON – 75.5%
- L’Abattoir – Vancouver, BC – 75.5%
- Le Mousso – Montreal, QC – 75%
- Osteria Giulia – Toronto, ON – 75%
Per province, 11 of the restaurants can be found in Ontario, four in Quebec, four in British Columbia, and two in Alberta.
Congratulations to all the winners. And Canada, keep being the best!
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now