Are you an avid ferry rider? Or maybe you live or work downtown and are constantly snapping pics of Washington State Ferries. Whatever the case may be, Washington State Ferries is bringing back its Twitter photo contest and your photo could be on the cover of 2022 sailing schedules.
The contest took a hiatus last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But this year it’s back in a big way because they’re looking for not one, not two, but three winning images. Since the ferry system now prints three separate brochures for its routes, that means you have an even better chance of having your picture(s) picked.
We’re 24 hours into our #FerryFotoContest and we have about 100 eligible submissions! Tweet us your best ⛴️ pic w/hashtag by noon Friday 10/1. Winners will be featured on cover of Winter 2022 Sailing Schedules. Rules & requirements: https://t.co/awuAIWgdZS pic.twitter.com/4SOdO1A6pJ
— Washington State Ferries (@wsferries) September 28, 2021
So how do you enter? The details are simple:
All you need to do is follow @wsferries on Twitter, then tweet your picture between noon Monday, Sept. 27, and noon Friday, Oct. 1, 2021. Be sure to include the hashtag #FerryFotoContest. All members of the public, except WSDOT employees and contractors, are eligible and invited to participate. No fare purchase is required.
Now there are also some requirements. Keep in mind that the contest is looking for truly unique pictures. Not just any old picture of the ferry will do, think about including the mountains, other scenery, or passengers. But some of the bigger requirements include:
- Your photo:
- Must include at least one vessel in the Washington State Ferries system (in full or partial)
- Will be printed in black and white, so consider how that will look
- Must have been taken yourself and you have the rights to submit it to this contest
- May have been taken at any time
- Do not break any laws or do anything unsafe in order to snap a shot. If you are on a ferry please steer clear of restricted areas, and if driving, please no photographing or tweeting.
- Do not tweet a link to an image that has been uploaded to another site.
- Do not send your photo via direct message on Twitter.
- You may submit up to three pictures. If you Tweet more than three, we will only consider the first three shared.
- You will retain rights to your photograph; however, finalists must agree to grant us rights to use their snapshots for marketing and communication purposes, which will include photo credit. We will never sell your picture.
So what are you waiting for? Get tweeting, you have until October 1st to enter. If you need more details you can click here.