Awe yeah, this is exactly the kind of year-end roundup we want to see. E-Comm, the emergency service dispatch company for the province, released the weirdest 911 calls they received from BC residents last year. And, true to form, the list is filled with zany stuff.
The list ranges from the kind of believable (like asking for a COVID-19 test) to the downright petty. And while this list is fun to read, we certainly hope it’s from the perspective of “I can’t believe they did that” instead of “I think I’m going to do that”.
WestJet named one of the safest low-cost airlines in the world
Here are some of the cheapest places to buy a home in BC in 2022
Anyway, without further ado, here are the 10 weirdest 911 calls that took place in BC in 2021.
- The barista mixed up the caller’s coffee order
- A pedestrian was splashed while on a sidewalk
- The caller requested a COVID-19 test
- The caller wanted to know how to become a 911 call taker
- The caller wanted to know where to vote in the federal election
- The caller was looking for the weather forecast
- The caller wanted directions
- The bus “wasn’t coming,” according to the caller
- The caller asked about COVID-19 restrictions
- The caller wanted to report a messy roommate
Yeah, we don’t think calling 911 because you got a caffe au lait instead of a latte is really a smart idea. But hey, hopefully, that caller learned their lesson!
Read more in Lifestyle
Here’s how much it costs to live alone in Vancouver this year
You can fly from Vancouver to these cities for under $90 this spring
Vancouver was just ranked among the best cities in the world to study in
North Vancouver's Slush Cup & bbq party is the perfect ski season sendoff
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now