So you’ve saved your pennies and are looking to buy a house in Calgary. From the pros and cons to the realtor you stick with, the decisions will seem endless and that can feel pretty overwhelming. Luckily, as you’ll soon find out, a lot of the research is already done for you! For example, real estate trend site Zolo has actually put together and published a handy little list of the 10 best neighborhoods in Calgary to buy a house – answering one of the very first questions that you’ll be asked on this big-time journey. Curious to see which communities made the cut? Let’s check it out!
Using a wide range of data from average sale prices to walk score, Zolo managed to rank and score 200 communities within the city limits, creating an impressive top 10.
In the #1 spot: Abbeydale in Calgary’s North East who’s average sale price in 2021 was $319,592.00.
With a walk score of 32 and a transit score of 46 – Zolo gave this neighbourhood a total of 70 whole points.
Canada Goose is releasing a new line of boots just in time for winter
Starbucks Canada to give away FREE coffee this week in celebration of its 50th Birthday
In second place we saw, Livingston, in the north followed by Southview in the east, both with a score of 69 points.
Here’s the rest of the list as published by Zolo.
- Abbeydale, Northeast – Average price: $319,592.00
- Livingston, North – Average price: $552,880.00
- Southview, East – Average price: $385,143.00
- Bonavista Downs, Southeast – Average price: $484,743.00
- Cityscape, Northeast – Average price: $481,560.00
- Queensland, Southeast – Average price: $424,941.00
- Vista Heights, Northeast – Average price: $422,438.00
- Woodbine, Southwest – Average price: $545,398.00
- Scarboro/Sunalta West, City Center – Average price: $1,173,476.00
- Deer Ridge, Southwest – Average price: $438,739.00
Interested in seeing their entire ranking complete with scores and descriptions? You can view the entire list here!
Did they miss anything or nail it? Let us know! Happy shopping, Calgary!
Read more in Lifestyle
10 stunning hikes that you can do near Calgary this spring
Mr. Worldwide: Pitbull is set to kick off the 2023 Calgary Stampede & here's when you can get tickets
Happy first day of Spring! Here's what's in the forecast for Calgary this week
Pedro Pascal as Calgary Stampede's parade marshal? There's a petition for it & it has over 5k signatures
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now