Calling all students and recent graduates. The government of Ontario is looking to fill over 500 roles this year through its student jobs program. Here’s what to know about the Summer Employment Opportunities program.
If you’re eager to work with the provincial government, now is your chance. This is the perfect opportunity to enhance your skills, learn new business techniques, take on projects, and advance in your professional career.
That being said, there are 509 temporary jobs available in various ministries across the province such as Aurora, Kingston, London, Peterborough, Scarborough, Smiths Falls, Timmins, Toronto, Waterloo, Wawa, and Woodland Caribou Provincial Park (Red Lake), just to name a few.
In this role, you can expect to handle a number of administrative duties such as:
- Preparing and organizing correspondence, performing data entry and word processing functions,
- Customer service assistance, responding to public and/or internal inquiries, and cashier duties (e.g. processing payments and performing basic mathematical calculations).
- Help with small- and/or large-scale archival/filing projects, use technology to file documents.
- Conduct research, perform analysis, and input data.
- May need to provide medical clerical and support services within a Health Care setting (depending on the role)
These positions will range from six to 18 weeks between May and September. As for salary, it ranges from $16.55 to $17.40 an hour.
In order to qualify, you must be an Ontario resident and at least 15 years of age, enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution, or must have graduated within the past six months, and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Those interested can apply through the online portal.
But these aren’t all the student jobs Ontario has to offer. There are a ton of other student opportunities offered within the Ontario Public Service such as communications, marketing, engineering, and more.
Now what are you waiting for? Apply ASAP!