When it comes to education, Canadian schools always seem to top the charts. The QS World University Rankings for 2024 has just been released, and several universities here in the north have earned top scores.
The 20th edition of this ranking has analyzed 1,500 universities across 104 locations to determine the top schools worldwide.
This ranking is said to be the only one of its kind that emphasizes employability and sustainability.
This year, the report has included three new metrics: Sustainability, Employment Outcomes, and International Research Network.
Each school has been given a score out of 100 in a variety of categories, including Academic Reputation, Faculty Student Ratio, and International Student Ratio.
The results are based on 17.5 million academic papers and expert opinions of over 240,000 academic faculty and employers.
As is frequently the case, one Canadian university in particular stands out from the rest, and that’s the University of Toronto.
U of T has landed in 21st place out of 1,499 schools and has also placed second in all of North America.
Here are the top 10 Canadian schools included in the QS World University Rankings:
- University of Toronto: 21st place
- McGill University: 30th place
- University of British Columbia: 34th place
- University of Alberta: 111th place
- University of Waterloo: 112th place
- Western University: 114th place
- Université de Montréal: 141th place
- University of Calgary: 182nd place
- McMaster University: 189th place
- University of Ottawa: 203rd place
If you’re a student or an alum at any of these schools, you can officially say that you’ve attended one of the world’s best universities.