Ontario is home to several of Canada’s top growing companies, according to a new ranking. “Canada’s Top Growing Companies” includes over 400 companies, several of which are based in Toronto and Mississauga.
The ranking is produced by The Globe & Mail, and began in 2019 as a way to “celebrate the boldest entrepreneurial achievement by identifying and bringing the accomplishments of innovative businesses in Canada to the forefront,” according to a release.
These haunted attractions are the most terrifying Halloween experiences in Toronto
Toronto’s newest hidden bar feels like a living room with live music & epic food
In order to qualify for these voluntary programs, the Globe states that companies had to complete an in-depth application process and fulfill requirements. What are the requirements? A company “had to have at least $2 million in annual sales in its most recent fiscal year. Companies had to be for-profit, Canadian-run, headquartered in Canada, and independent.”
And this year, among the 430 businesses on the list, “there are four purveyors of cannabis, 12 logistics providers, four companies catering to fur babies, and one that specializes in satisfying your craving for ramen.” The majority of them are in Ontario.
Here are Canada’s 50 top growing companies, with Ontario’s in bold:
- Orion Construction Ltd. – LANGLEY, B.C.
- Power Staffing Solutions – TORONTO
- DealMaker – TORONTO
- BioRender – TORONTO
- Banyan Group of Cos. Ltd. – VICTORIA
- Mistplay Inc. – MONTREAL
- Ethos Automation Inc. – BRANTFORD, ONT.
- Odyssey Trust Co. – CALGARY
- Flourish Pancakes – CONCORD, ONT.
- Thornhill Medical – TORONTO
- Clue – TORONTO
- Clutch – TORONTO
- .Marble – TORONTO
- Partake Brewing – CALGARY
- Surgically Clean Air Inc. – MISSISSAUGA
- Musth Corp. – TORONTO
- Pure Sunfarms Corp. – DELTA, B.C.
- AltaML – EDMONTON
- Mission – MONTREAL
- Trust Science – EDMONTON
- High Tide Inc. – CALGARY
- Knight Therapeutics Inc. – MONTREAL
- CarePros – EDMONTON
- Republix Platform Technologies Inc. – TORONTO
- Irwin – TORONTO
- Field Safe Solutions – CALGARY
- Deveron Corp. – TORONTO
- Noibu – OTTAWA
- Dialogue Health Technologies Inc. – MONTREAL
- Black & White Zebra Industries Inc. – VANCOUVER
- Silk & Snow Inc. – TORONTO
- Lantern Capital – MISSISSAUGA
- Consumer Genius Inc. – CALGARY
- EMERGE Commerce Ltd. – TORONTO
- Ahava Digital Group – KITCHENER, ONT.
- Blockthrough – TORONTO
- Eat Routes Inc. – MISSISSAUGA
- OTBx Air – OAKVILLE, ONT.
- Polysleep – MONTREAL
- Omy Cosmetics – QUEBEC CITY
- Smile CDR Inc. – TORONTO
- Callia Inc. – WINNIPEG
- Klue Labs Inc. – VANCOUVER
- Aventura Marketing Inc. – EDMONTON
- Vention – MONTREAL
- Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc. – PORT MOODY, B.C.
- headversity – CALGARY
- Forma.ai – TORONTO
- League Inc. – TORONTO
- Grey Jay Sales & Distribution Ltd. – HUNTSVILLE, ONT.
The full list of companies can be found here.
Read more in Lifestyle
Toronto's SHEIN pop-up opens today & here's a look inside (PHOTOS)
Condos for sale in Toronto's best neighbourhoods for under $400K
Don’t look down: Canada’s highest suspended condo is for sale for $4.25 million
Toronto's getting its first ever Herschel warehouse sale & here's when
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now