Following Nordstrom’s announcement to close all of their Canadian locations, news of potential liquidation sales began pouring in. And now, it’s been announced that shoppers across the country expect to shop up to 20% off.
Store closing sales began Tuesday, March 21st, with markdowns mostly at 5% off.
But as of Wednesday, March 22nd, Nordstrom shoppers can take advantage of discounts of up to 20% off the lowest ticketed prices on a wide variety of items, according to the joint venture (“JV”) group consisting of Hilco Merchant Retail Solutions ULC, Gordon Brothers Canada ULC, Tiger Asset Solutions Canada, ULC, and B. Riley Retail Canada ULC, which have been assigned to oversee the liquidation sales.
“A liquidation sale for such a storied brand is a rare occurrence and an opportunity for shoppers to purchase today’s most sought-after fashion brands at a discounted price. We encourage consumers to shop early to take advantage of the best selection of products. Given the quality of products being offered, we expect sales to be very brisk,” said a spokesperson for the JV group.
So, if you’re in need of some new spring wear, athletic shoes, children’s apparel, or home products – now is a great time to shop around.
Here are all the Nordstrom Canada stores (including rack stores) participating in the closing sale:
- Chinook Centre – 6455 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary
- Pacific Centre – 799 Robson Street, Vancouver
- Rideau Centre – 50 Rideau Street, Ottawa
- Sherway Gardens – 25 The West Mall, Toronto
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre – 3401 Dufferin Street, Toronto
- Toronto Eaton Centre – 260 Yonge Street, Toronto
- Deerfoot Meadows – 1180-33 Heritage Meadows Way SE, Edmonton
- South Edmonton Common – 1910 102 Street NW, Langley
- Willowbrook Shopping Centre – 19705 Fraser Highway, Mississauga
- Heartland Town Centre – 788 Boyer Boulevard, Ottawa
- Ottawa Train Yards – 595 Industrial Avenue, Toronto
- One Bloor – 731 Yonge Street, Toronto
- Vaughan Mills – 1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Vaughan
Nordstrom is closing its stores in Canada & here’s what to know
This Canadian airline is offering 50% off flights to sunny U.S. cities
Note that all sales are final during this store closing event, and returns & exchanges are no longer accepted for any purchase made. Nordstrom Canada gift cards and Nordstrom Notes, however, will be honoured.
The JV Group also indicated that select fixtures, furnishings, and equipment in the closing stores will also be for sale.
As for what will replace Nordstrom Canada locations, only time will tell.
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now