Drivers, take note! The City has announced 25 new speed enforcement cameras in Toronto and they’re located all over town.
Back in November, the City revealed its plans to expand the Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE) program by installing 25 new cameras in February 2023.
Well, that time has come and that means you’ll need to be extra vigilant if you want to avoid a hefty ticket.
The cameras are installed strategically “based on data that indicate where speed and collision challenges exist,” the City says.
If your car is detected, the owner of the vehicle will be fined regardless of who was driving.
The total amount includes a set fine, a victim fine surcharge, and applicable court costs.
No demerit points are issued, so you don’t have to worry about it affecting your record. However, it will affect your bank account.
Below are the 25 new speed cameras in Toronto to keep on your radar:
- Thistle Down Boulevard east of Albion Road (Etobicoke North)
- Martin Grove Road south of Eglinton Avenue West (Etobicoke Centre)
- Mimico Avenue west of Station Road (Etobicoke-Lakeshore)
- Lansdowne Avenue near 108 Lansdowne Ave. (Parkdale-High Park)
- Pritchard Avenue near Batavia Avenue (York South-Weston)
- Sheppard Avenue West west of Keele Street (York Centre)
- Driftwood Avenue east of Jane Street (Humber River-Black Creek)
- Avenue Road north of Elwood Boulevard (Eglinton-Lawrence)
- Gladstone Avenue south of Cross Street (Davenport)
- Dennison Avenue south of Grange (Spadina-Fort York)
- Bloor Street West west of Clinton Street (University-Rosedale)
- Davisville Avenue east of Yonge Street (Toronto-St. Paul’s)
- Queen Street East near Sackville Street (Toronto Centre)
- Logan Avenue north of Wolfrey Avenue (Toronto-Danforth)
- Harrison Road near Vernham Avenue (Don Valley West)
- Sloane Avenue near Draycott Drive (Don Valley East)
- Freshmeadow Drive west of Applegate Crescent (Don Valley North)
- Senlac Road north of Elynhill Drive (Willowdale)
- Main Street south of Swanwick Avenue (Beaches-East York)
- Danforth Road east of Huntington Avenue (Scarborough Southwest)
- Lawrence Avenue East near Canlish Road (Scarborough Centre)
- Birchmount Road north of Bay Mills Boulevard (Scarborough-Agincourt)
- Tapscott Road west of Blackwell Avenue (Scarborough North)
- Orton Park Road south of Ellesmere Road (Scarborough-Guildwood)
- Lawrence Avenue East west of Port Union Road (Scarborough-Rouge Park)
Watch your speed out there, drivers of Toronto. Owning a car in this city is expensive enough already.