If you love pop-up concerts like Symphony at Sunset, tune in. What started as a way to share live music outdoors during the pandemic has evolved into an annual free concert series – AKA Music on Main. So get ready to enjoy the sounds of the flute, harp, cello, and more at the park!
This year, visitors can expect to hear the gorgeous sounds of a string quartet, original Persian compositions, and classical music – and that’s just for starters.
From August 14th to 16th and 21st to 23rd, Music on Main is slated to make its return to Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant Park. So why not bring your picnic blankets and spend some quality summer evenings surrounded by friends and live music?
Below are the featured performers slated to take the proverbial stage this August:
- Monday, August 14th: Raincity Quartet (Brooklyn Wood & Yiyi Hsu on violins; Alex Beggs on the viola; and Bruno Quezada on the cello)
- Tuesday, August 15th: Saaz o Raaz (Saina Khaledi on the santour; Ali Sajjadi on the oud; Ali Razmi on the tar; Sharanjeet Singh Mand on the sitar; and Sunny Matharu on the tabla)
- Wednesday, August 16th: Paolo Bortolussi on the flute, Calvin Dyck on the violin and accordion; Krystal Morrison on the clarinet; and Mark Beaty on the bass
Note that all concerts will begin at 6:30 pm.
And even better, if you’re craving a snack, you can peruse a couple of local food trucks at the park on select dates:
- Monday, August 14th: Planted
- Tuesday. August 15th: Dos Amigos
- Wednesday, August 16th: TAKENAKA
- Monday, August 21st: Planted
- Tuesday, August 22nd: Dos Amigos
- Wednesday, August 23rd: Shameless Buns
Stay tuned for more info to come, including the lineup for August 21st to 23rd!
Mark your calendars, Vancouver!
When: August 14th to 16th and 21st to 23rd
Where: West 16th Avenue at Ontario Street