From Vancouver to Halifax, Canada is home to some of the world’s most impressive lakes, rivers, mountain ranges, and film sets – and Netflix wants you to discover them all. Through TV and movies, people from all over the world are able to see the very best of what we have to offer – but what’s filming in your neighbourhood?
To answer this question, Netflix has actually published a map showcasing the most popular original shows and movies to have taped in each province – so you know what’s really going on in your backyard.
Here’s everything original to the service that was filmed in Canada (by province) as listed by Netflix!
- NEW: Maid (Vancouver Island)
- NEW: Keep Breathing (Squamish, Vancouver, Vancouver Island)
- NEW: Devil in Ohio (Langley, Surrey)
- NEW: The Adam Project (Vancouver)
- NEW: Brazen (Vancouver)
- NEW: Rescued by Ruby (Greater Victoria)
- Virgin River (Vancouver, Snug Cove, Squamish, Burnaby, and Port Coquitlam)
- To All The Boys (Vancouver)
- Restaurants On The Edge (Okanagan)
- Firefly Lane (Langley)
- Always Be My Maybe (Vancouver)
Netflix has been filming all over BC & here’s where your fave shows were shot
Toronto’s largest film production studio is expanding & creating over 300 new jobs
- Black Summer (Calgary, Cochrane, Irricana, Morley, and Beiseker)
- Fractured (Winnipeg)
- NEW: Wedding Season (Caledon)
- NEW: 13 The Musical (Beeton)
- NEW: Awake (Hamilton, Peterborough, Uxbridge)
- NEW: Sex/Life (Toronto)
- Motel Makeover (Sauble Beach)
- Umbrella Acadamy (Hamilton and Toronto)
- Locke and Key (Toronto)
- The Queen’s Gambit (Toronto and Cambridge)
- Restaurants On The Edge (Bruce Peninsula)
- Ginny and Georgia (Cobourg and Toronto)
- Anne With an E (Wilmot and Cava Monaghan)
- NEW: Single All the Way (Montreal, Brome Missisquoi,Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts)
- NEW: The Guide to the perfect family (Montreal, Laurentides)
- Somebody Feed Phil (Montreal)
- M’entends-tu? (Montreal)
- Jusqu’au déclin (Laurentians and Lanaudière)
- Locke and Key (Lunenburg)
- Frontier (Louisbourg)
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- Anne With an E (Northshore)
NEWFOUND LAND AND LABRADOR
- Frontier (Newfoundland)
Not a bad list of originals if we do say so ourselves. Who knew that Canada was such a Netflix hotspot!
If you’re curious about any of the shows listed and would like more information about where and how they filmed some of the platform’s most iconic scenes, you can check out the official filming location website here!
Click away and be proud, Canada! We’ve got some unreal views – and the cameras have only scratched the surface when it comes to what should be seen.
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now