Love finding new hotels and spas to check out in your area? The 66th annual Forbes Travel Guide was just released, revealing the 2024 Star Award Winners. This includes 14 Vancouver hotels and spas that have officially earned new stars in their ratings.

Known for its worldwide rating system of luxury hotels, restaurants, and spas., the Forbes Travel Guide uses incognito inspectors to determine the best of the best in the accommodation scene. Inspectors pose as everyday guests, staying at hotels and paying for luxury experiences across the country.

According to Forbes, inspectors test around “900 exacting standards,” ranging from how well a room is designed to promote sleep, to the food and beverage options on the menu.

“Exceptional service accounts for 70% of a property’s rating,” says Forbes. “The remaining 30% comes from the quality and condition of the facilities.” This includes newer standards focusing on the guest experience, like how “interesting and photogenic” the cocktails are, or if the inspector would recommend the property to others.

Recent Posts:
This small city is in BC’s Gold Country & it’s the home of Canada’s Country Music Hall of Fame
Moira Rose survives the apocalypse? ‘The Last of Us’ announces iconic new cast member


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Shangri-La Vancouver (@shangrila_van)

So with that in mind, here are the 14 hotels and spas in Vancouver recognized among the 2024 Forbes Star Awards:


  • Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver
  • Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
  • Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Pacific Rim


  • Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
  • Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino


  • The Douglas, Autograph Collection, Vancouver
  • Fairmont Empress, Victoria
  • Fairmont Chateau Whistler
  • JW Mariott Parq Vancouver
  • The Magnolia Hotel & Spa, Victoria
  • Paradox Hotel Vancouver
  • The St. Regis Hotel, Vancouver
  • The Sutton Place Hotel, Vancouver

The Five-star rating means “these properties deliver an outstanding experience and consistently offer a highly customized level of service.”

A Four-Star rating means “these are exceptional properties, offering high levels of service and quality of facility to match.”

Finally, a “Recommended” award indicates that “these are excellent properties with consistently good service and facilities.”

So there you have it, BC! You don’t have far to look if you’re looking for an exceptional stay, dining, or spa experience.