A magical experience in light and sound is coming to our city. Toronto will be among the first cities to experience the new illuminated live show called Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros.
In celebration of Warner Bros. Studio’s 100th anniversary, the candelit concert series will be taking place at 100 cities worldwide.
The first 25 cities announced include Toronto, Montreal, New York, London, Paris, Singapore, Milan, São Paulo and Mexico City.
Audiences will be taken on a musical journey through time as performers bring sountracks to life from Warner Bros’ most famous franchises, including Lord of The Rings, The Wizard of Oz, and Casablanca to Friends, Batman, and Harry Potter.
Songs will be performed live by the Listeso String Quartet, and the music will be accompanied by stunning visuals too.
You can tube through downtown at this Ontario winter festival
Like a Prayer: Madonna just added more tour dates in Canada due to demand
View this post on Instagram
The venue will be illuminated by thousands of candles, creating a magical ambiance while you sit back and enjoy the show.
The concert series will be held in “some of the most unique venues worldwide.” In Toronto, the chosen venue is the Paradise Theatre on Bloor Street.
A program of the show has been released so you know what to expect.
Viewers will be treated to a little bit of everything, from famous movie scores to popular theme songs from iconic shows.
Here is a list of all the songs you can expect to hear.
- The Wizard of Oz – Somewhere Over the Rainbow (1939)
- Casablanca – As Time Goes By (1942)
- Singin’ in the Rain – Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
- A Star is Born – The Man That Got Away (1954)
- Scooby Doo – Theme Song (1969)
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – Pure Imagination (1971)
- The Exorcist – Theme Song (Tubular Bells) (1973)
- Purple Rain – Purple Rain (1984)
- Batman – Main Theme (1989)
- Friends – I’ll Be There for You (1995)
- Selena – Dreaming of You (1997)
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Suite (2001)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – Hogwarts’ Anthem (2005)
- Inception – Time (2010)
- Man of Steel – Flight (2013)
- Wonder Woman Suite (2017)
- A Star is Born – Shallow (2018)
Tickets are now on sale for the special concert, which has been set for this April.
Whether you’re a film and TV buff or a lover of live music, this show is not one to miss.
Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros
When: April 28 at 6:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.
Where: Paradise Theatre – 1006c Bloor St W, Toronto
Cost: $30+ per ticket
Read more in Things To Do
A ‘mind-bending’ immersive exhibit about Earth is coming to Toronto
12 of the best things to do in Toronto this weekend (June 9-11)
This Ontario park is famous for its towering cliffs & majestic waterfalls
You can swim under a waterfall on this gorgeous Ontario island
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now