A new report from the Globe and Mail shows Canada’s top growing companies of 2020, and we have to say things are looking a lot different this year. While there are some more traditional companies on there, it’s clear that we’re entering a digital age, and the pandemic just sped things up. Let’s check it out!
The list is ranked based on revenue growth over the past 3 years of business, ending no later than April 30 of this year. In order to qualify, businesses had to Canadian-run, based in Canada, and do at least $2M in business this past year. There are a couple of other qualifications, but those are the big ones.
Metro Vancouver is the home of a massive new Netflix production hub
Here’s everything coming to Netflix Canada this October
Introducing Canada’s Top Growing Companies for 2020!#TopGrowing20
To get to know the companies, visit: https://t.co/VTUY05uswq pic.twitter.com/q5DTygRcI9
— ROB Magazine (@robmagca) September 25, 2020
Coming in at number one is the company Rx Drug Mart, whose revenue has grown a whopping 13,940%. The company buys and operates independent pharmacies across Canada. While we couldn’t find any financial information, we have a feeling that an aging population means more pharmacy owners are looking to retire, as more people are requiring medication. Pretty smart, actually.
But, the rest of the top 10 shows a real shift in what’s profitable these days, let’s check it out:
- Rx Drug Mart- Toronto – 13,940%
- Nova Leap- Health care services for seniors- Halifax – 8,602%
- Vitalis Extraction- Carbon Dioxide extraction services- Kelowna, BC – 8,090%
- Mistplay- Loyalty program for mobile video games- Montreal, 7,578%
- Fuelled- Online marketplace for oil and gas equipment- Calgary 6,661%
- Flexiti – Facilitates point-of-sale loans for retail customers – Toronto5,748%
- Dialogue – Provides telemedicine services – Montreal – 4,944%
- Smash + Tess – Everyday apparel for women – Richmond, BC – 4,922%
- LBC Studios – Mobile video game publisher – Vancouver – 4,811%
- Exzell Pharma Inc. – Pharma products – Markham, ON – 4,703%
If you’d like to check out the full list of Canada’s top growing companies this year, just click here!
Read more in Lifestyle
10 stunning hikes that you can do near Calgary this spring
Mr. Worldwide: Pitbull is set to kick off the 2023 Calgary Stampede & here's when you can get tickets
Happy first day of Spring! Here's what's in the forecast for Calgary this week
Pedro Pascal as Calgary Stampede's parade marshal? There's a petition for it & it has over 5k signatures
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now