More opportunities, more growth! Toronto’s getting a one-day career event that highlights BIPOC talent and offers a series of lifestyle events in October – BLAXPO.
This year, the event will kick off on October 22 from 10 am to 5 pm at the Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge St. Not only will this event serve as a way to connect, empower and educate candidates and companies, but it will also match talent to potential employers via its website.
View this post on Instagram
Those who attend the expo can take part in activities like speed networking with executives, masterclasses, and a live podcast session with names like Arisa Cox, Adeela Carter, and more.
Expect big companies in technology, FinTech, beauty, and beyond, from Google, EQ Bank, Deloitte, Marriott, KMPG, Bell, HSBC, and Ernst and Young, just to name a few.
BLAXPO shared a few pointers on its Instagram to help attendees prepare for the career expo:
- Prepare your CV and a cover letter.
- Research companies attending the expo.
- Prepare your 30 second elevator pitch to present to each employer.
- Get a portfolio to carry your CVs.
- Bring your business/student info cards.
- Prepare thoughtful questions ahead of time for the company representatives.
All are welcome to attend this free event from recent graduates to management. Scholarships of up to $1,000 will also be available! Take part in this exciting event next month.
When: October 22 from 10 am to 5 pm
Where: Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge St