There’s no denying that Canada’s working environment continues to evolve. So, the list of the Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada for 2022 is a helpful little guide to some of the leaders across the country. Released today, the list covers major corporations, ranked on a variety of metrics.
The list comes from Great Place to Work®, which bills itself as the ‘global authority’ on identifying the world’s best workplaces (who woulda guessed?). Each year, it puts out a variety of rankings, ranging from companies with 10-50 employees all the way up to 1,000+. Naturally, we’re going to focus on the big dogs.
In order to qualify for the list, each company has to be ‘Great Place to Work-Certified™’ within the past year. Once that hurdle’s clear, the potential companies are ranked mostly (75%) on confidential employee feedback, with the remaining weight devoted to “quality, quantity and effectiveness of the programs and policies which support their employees and corporate culture”.
The list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2022 has been released
Here are the richest Canadians in 2022 according to Forbes
Ok, enough preamble, let’s see which names made the top spot! There are 50 companies in total, but for simplicity’s sake, we’ve rounded up only the top 15.
- NVIDIA – Information Technology
- SAP – Information Technology
- Salesforce – Information Technology
- Admiral Insurance – Financial Services & Insurance
- Cisco Systems Canada Co. – Information Technology
- Intuit Canada – Information Technology
- Hilton – Hospitality
- FedEx Express Canada – Transportation
- RBC – Financial Services & Insurance
- Traction on Demand – Information Technology
- Deloitte – Professional Services
- Block – Financial Services & Insurance
- JOEY Restaurant Group – Hospitality
- TD – Financial Services & Insurance
- Grant Thornton LLP – Professional Services
Well, at least when it comes to the frontrunners on the list, it looks like tech is the place to be in 2022. However, it is nice to see some other names on there, just in case that isn’t your jam. Who knows, maybe it’s time to start an exciting new career at Hilton or JOEY or somewhere.
It should be noted that Great Place to Work® has three more roundups in the pipeline for their Best Workplaces in Canada. So, if you think a smaller company might be better for you, keep that option in mind!
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now