BC is home to several of Canada’s top growing companies, according to a new ranking by The Globe & Mail. “Canada’s Top Growing Companies” includes over 400 companies, and ranks them based on a handful of factors. Let’s get into it.
Firstly, a qualifying company has to have “at least $2 million in annual sales in its most recent fiscal year.” Secondly, companies had to be “for-profit, Canadian-run, headquartered in Canada and independent.”
The top growing company in the country? Langley-based Orion Construction, a design-build contractor specializing in industrial and commercial construction throughout the Lower Mainland. The company experienced 12,371% revenue growth over the past three years, with total revenue of $75M – $100M in 2021.
A huge arts & culture festival is coming to Vancouver’s Eastside next month
Check out this massive haunted house with evil clowns in Surrey this fall
View this post on Instagram
The ranking began in 2019 as a way to “celebrate the boldest entrepreneurial achievement by identifying and bringing the accomplishments of innovative businesses in Canada to the forefront,” according to a release.
Top growing companies in Canada
From software development companies to ramen businesses, here are Canada’s top growing companies, with those based in BC in bold:
- Orion Construction Ltd. – LANGLEY, B.C.
- Power Staffing Solutions – TORONTO
- DealMaker – TORONTO
- BioRender – TORONTO
- Banyan Group of Cos. Ltd. – VICTORIA
- Mistplay Inc. – MONTREAL
- Ethos Automation Inc. – BRANTFORD, ONT.
- Odyssey Trust Co. – CALGARY
- Flourish Pancakes – CONCORD, ONT.
- Thornhill Medical – TORONTO
- Clue – TORONTO
- Clutch – TORONTO
- Marble – TORONTO
- Partake Brewing – CALGARY
- Surgically Clean Air Inc. – MISSISSAUGA
- Musth Corp. – TORONTO
- Pure Sunfarms Corp. – DELTA, B.C.
- AltaML – EDMONTON
- Mission – MONTREAL
- Trust Science – EDMONTON
- High Tide Inc. – CALGARY
- CarePros – EDMONTON
- Republix Platform Technologies Inc. – TORONTO
- Irwin – TORONTO
- Field Safe Solutions – CALGARY
- Deveron Corp. – TORONTO
- Noibu – OTTAWA
- Dialogue Health Technologies Inc. – MONTREAL
- Black & White Zebra Industries Inc. – VANCOUVER
View this post on Instagram
- Silk & Snow Inc. – TORONTO
- Lantern Capital – MISSISSAUGA
- Consumer Genius Inc. – CALGARY
- .EMERGE Commerce Ltd. – TORONTO
- Ahava Digital Group – KITCHENER, ONT.
- Blockthrough – TORONTO
- Eat Routes Inc. – MISSISSAUGA
- OTBx Air – OAKVILLE, ONT.
- Polysleep – MONTREAL
- Omy Cosmetics – QUEBEC CITY
- Smile CDR Inc. – TORONTO
- Callia Inc. – WINNIPEG
- Klue Labs Inc. – VANCOUVER
- Aventura Marketing Inc. – EDMONTON
- Vention – MONTREAL
- Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc. – PORT MOODY, B.C.
- Headversity – CALGARY
- Forma.ai – TORONTO
- League Inc. – TORONTO
- Grey Jay Sales & Distribution Ltd. – HUNTSVILLE, ONT.
You can view the full list of qualifying companies and learn more about them here.
Read more in Lifestyle
Here’s how much it costs to live alone in Vancouver this year
You can fly from Vancouver to these cities for under $90 this spring
Vancouver was just ranked among the best cities in the world to study in
North Vancouver's Slush Cup & bbq party is the perfect ski season sendoff
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now