Alongside some of the most well-known (and most beautiful) travel spots in the world, two Alberta parks have made a list of the top destinations for outdoor enthusiasts! The news comes from Tripadvisor, which also put out a list of the top destinations in Canada recently.
And wouldn’t you know it- the two Alberta spots that made that list are also featured on this one! Turns out, Banff National Park and Jasper National aren’t just a top spot for the country, but the entire world. Things get even more impressive when you see what kind of company they landed in…
View this post on Instagram
So, no more teasing, here’s the top 15 off the list, according to Tripadvisor:
- Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
- Jim Corbett National Park, India
- Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
- Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
- Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
- Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
- Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania
- Westland Tai Poutini National Park, New Zealand
- New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Snowdonia National Park, United Kingdom
- Banff National Park, Alberta
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park, Italy
- Jasper National Park, Alberta
- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
So, not only were these two Alberta parks on the list of the Top Destinations in the World for Outdoor Enthusiasts, but they also beat out one of the most iconic destinations in America- the Grand Canyon.
Excuse us if we walk around with a little bit of a chip on our shoulders for the next few days. It’s just nice getting reminded that Alberta’s natural beauty isn’t just beloved by locals, but the entire world.