Times have changed for the better and while there is still no definitive end set in stone today, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Deena Hinshaw took the podium with a major announcement about Alberta’s current COVID situation.
Starting tomorrow, July 29th, the province will roll back some small, but significant COVID protocols as part of a two-phase transition project.
These first phase protocols will include:
- Quarantine for close contacts will no longer be mandatory – but it will be recommended (isolation will still be required if you have symptoms)
- Asymptomatic testing is no longer recommended – however, if you have symptoms, in addition to isolating, it is recommended that you get tested.
Another Alberta Stampede kicks off Friday with a Gord Bamford concert & fireworks display
Here are the Alberta locations you can spot in the new Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer
While second phase protocols which will go into effect on August 16th will see that:
- Provincial mandatory mask orders everywhere included public transit are lifted
- Isolation following a positive COVID-19 test no longer be required
- Isolation hotels and quarantine support no longer be available
- Public health focus shifts mainly to severe cases of COVID-19 only
… and that’s the last of them.
Of course, it is worth mentioning that this is all subject to change.
Hinshaw and her team still be on top of the situation, mentioning during the press conference that they will “keep watching COVID-19 closely and will take whatever actions are needed to manage any high-risk outbreak or severe cases.”
“Over the next two weeks, we will closely monitor these changes and adapt as needed to give more time to vaccinate Albertans before the remaining changes begin,” she continued.
So there you have it. We may have met the end to all of this craziness … in the eyes of the government.
As always, please continue to wash your hands, be kind and stay safe, Alberta! It’s been one wild ride.
For more information please visit Alberta’s official website here.
Read more in Lifestyle
FX just dropped its very first photos from Alberta-shot 'Fargo' season 5
A brand new hotel and Nordic Spa is opening in Canmore & here's a look inside
The City just 'hatched' a new program that will allow Calgarians up to 4 pet hens
Here are some of the cheapest flights you can book from Calgary this Spring
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now