Let’s face it, it’s easy to forget just how many places are closed or operating with reduced hours every time a stat holiday rolls around. While this year’s Victoria Day marks the complete re-opening of the province and there’s no doubt a ton to do, planning is key!
This Victoria Day, be prepared for whatever comes your way–be it rain or shine, or reduced grocery store hours. Enjoy a cup of coffee from Breka, say hi to Jessica Seal at the Aquarium, or take some extra time to sleep in.
So, without further ado – let’s dive into what’s open and closed on Monday this long weekend.
- Parks, gardens, and beaches
- Science World (open from 10 am to 5pm)
- Vancouver Art Gallery (Tickets currently available between 10 am and 4 pm)
- Vancouver Aquarium (open 10 am to 5 pm)
- Pharmacies (varying by location)
- Canadian Tire
- Home Depot (modified hours)
- Translink bus, SkyTrain, and Seabus services (operating on Sunday/holiday schedule)
- 7-Eleven (open 24 hours)
- BC Liquor Stores (most open from 11 am to 6 pm)
- Grocery stores & pharmacies (varying by location)
- Whole Foods
- London Drugs
- Shopping Malls (varying by location)
- Pacific Centre
- Oakridge Centre
- MacArthur Glen Vancouver Outlet
- Park Royal
- Richmond Centre
- Tsawwassen Mills
- Coquitlam Centre
View this post on Instagram
- Government buildings
- Public libraries
- West Coast Express services
- Post Offices
- Walmart (observed on the 24th)
Aside from Victoria Day, most business hours should remain as usual on Saturday and Sunday.
Happy long weekend, Vancouver!