Let’s face it, it’s easy to forget just how many places are closed or operating with reduced hours every time a stat holiday rolls around. While this year’s Victoria Day marks the complete re-opening of the province and there’s no doubt a ton to do, planning is key!
This Victoria Day, be prepared for whatever comes your way–be it rain or shine, or reduced grocery store hours. Enjoy a cup of coffee from Breka, say hi to Jessica Seal at the Aquarium, or take some extra time to sleep in.
So, without further ado – let’s dive into what’s open and closed on Monday this long weekend.
- Parks, gardens, and beaches
- Science World (open from 10 am to 5pm)
- Vancouver Art Gallery (Tickets currently available between 10 am and 4 pm)
- Vancouver Aquarium (open 10 am to 5 pm)
- Pharmacies (varying by location)
- Canadian Tire
- Home Depot (modified hours)
- Translink bus, SkyTrain, and Seabus services (operating on Sunday/holiday schedule)
- 7-Eleven (open 24 hours)
- BC Liquor Stores (most open from 11 am to 6 pm)
- Grocery stores & pharmacies (varying by location)
- Whole Foods
- London Drugs
- Shopping Malls (varying by location)
- Pacific Centre
- Oakridge Centre
- McArthurGlen Vancouver Designer Outlet
- Park Royal
- Richmond Centre
- Tsawwassen Mills
- Coquitlam Centre
View this post on Instagram
- Government buildings
- Public libraries
- West Coast Express services
- Post Offices
- Walmart (observed on the 24th)
Aside from Victoria Day, most business hours should remain as usual on Saturday and Sunday.
Happy long weekend, Vancouver!
Read more in Things To Do
14 of the best free and cheap things to do in Vancouver this June
10 of the best things to do in and around Vancouver this week (May 29-June 2)
Vancouver is getting an open-air EDM party on Canada Day & here's what to expect
You can go on a tour of Vancouver's 'Supernatural' filming locations this weekend
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now