If you’re like us, you love any opportunity to take home a new houseplant, and are rarely able to pass up a great plant sale when one comes around. If that’s the case, then get ready to brighten up your living space with a couple of beautiful new plants grown right here in Vancouver.
The Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association is having its annual plant sale at Queen Elizabeth Park next month, and visitors will be able to peruse over 500 stunning varieties of 5,000 plants, including native plants, tropical fruit trees, temperate trees, vines, shrubs, orchids, herbs, mushrooms, and even carnivorous plants!
View this post on Instagram
This year’s sale will focus on food plants for humans and pollinators, complete with educational exhibits offered by participating organizations.
A few things to note about this year’s sale:
- Due to its new location in Queen Elizabeth Park, this year’s sale will not include larger trees
- There will be a “Plant Hold” for storing purchased plants and a “Loading Zone” at the front of Bloedel Plaza
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own bags and boxes
- Debit and credit are accepted forms of payment, with limited cash onsite
- There will not be a “Potluck” section this year
The VBGA plant sale will take place from 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday, May 13th at Queen Elizabeth Park, outside of the Bloedel Conservatory Plaza.
Mark your calendars, plant lovers, & we’ll see you there!