Health comes first! Canadian artist Shawn Mendes has cancelled the rest of his tour dates after postponing his most recent concerts to continue focusing on his mental health.
In an emotional Instagram post, Mendes announced that after speaking with his team, he has decided to cancel the remainder of his North American dates and tour in the U.K and Europe.
View this post on Instagram
“I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing liven after a long break due to the pandemic, but the reality is I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away,” said Mendes in the heartfelt post.
“After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally, to ground myself and come back stronger.”
Glossier is finally coming to Canada & here’s what to know
Pret A Manger plans to open a Toronto location & here’s what we know so far
Mendes shared that though he was hopeful he could continue with the tour, he has realized that he has to continue making his health the first priority.
“This doesn’t mean I won’t be making new music, and I can’t wait to see you on tour in the future,” said the star.
“I know you all have been waiting so long to see these shows, and it breaks my heart to tell you this but I promise I will be back as soon as I’ve taken the right time to heal.”
Mendes was scheduled to perform two shows in Toronto on July 31 and August 2 and two in Montreal on August 15 and 16.
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now