So far it’s been a good week for Seattle rankings. Our city was just ranked as one of the best places to live in the US and now the Seattle Tacoma International Airport is getting some much-deserved recognition. Our very own local airport was just ranked as one of the best in the world.
This ranking comes from SkyTrax World Aiport Awards. While it may seem niche, these awards are actually the “most prestigious accolades for the airport industry.” And if you’re wondering, they come from people just like us, customers who participate in the largest, annual global airport customer satisfaction survey.
View this post on Instagram
The top twenty airports in the world are as follows.
- Hamad International Airport
- Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Narita International Airport
- Incheon International Airport
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Munich Airport
- Istanbul Airport
- Zurich Airport
- Kansai International Airport
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
- Central Japan International Airport
- London Heathrow Airport
- Dubai International Airport
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- Madrid-Barajas Airport
- Copenhagen Airport
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- Vienna International Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport
While the Seattle Tacoma International Airport didn’t make the top twenty, it was number 27 on the list, and it was awarded the Best Airport in North America and also Cleanest Airport in North America. Although that being said, it is unspecified where or if SEA is included in the overall ranking.
If you’d like to learn more you can head to the SkyTrax website. Enjoy!