While working retail over the holidays is not everyone’s cup of tea, the payoff can definitely be worth it. And although data from Indeed’s Hiring Lab confirms that holiday hiring is down from last year, there are still some seasonal jobs to apply for across Canada this season.
Note that Indeed defines holiday retail jobs as ones that fall within the retail, sales, and customer service job categories of job postings on Indeed, containing holiday keywords in the job title.
So if you’re up for the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and want to make a little extra income before this year’s end, here are 20 employers hiring in Canada for the holidays:
- Indigo Books & Music Inc – Seasonal Customer Experience Representatives
- PetSmart – Seasonal Associates
- Groupe Dynamite Inc – Seasonal Sale Associates
- Carter’s – Seasonal Associates
- Bath and Body Works – Seasonal Retail Sales Associates
- Swarovski – Seasonal Retail Sales Consultants
- Michaels – Seasonal Service Team Members
- Old Navy – Seasonal Retail Sales Associates
- Guess – Seasonal Sales & Stock Associates
- Best Buy – Seasonal Warehouse Associates & Seasonal Retail Associates
- Winners – Retail Store Associates
- GAP – Seasonal Sales & Seasonal Stock Associates
- The Body Shop – Seasonal Customer Consultants
- Ardene – Seasonal Sales Associates
- Purdy’s Chocolatier – Seasonal Stockpersons & Seasonal Chocolate Sales Connoisseurs
- Hudson’s Bay – Seasonal Sales Associates
- Under Armour – Seasonal Sales & Stock Associates
- Saje Natural Wellness – Seasonal Team Members
- Hot Topic – Seasonal Sales Associates & Seasonal Key Holders
- The Salvation Army – Christmas Workers, Christmas Kettle Hosts, & Christmas Registration Workers
So there you have it, job seekers. If you’re up to the task and open to potentially wearing a Santa hat, one of these seasonal jobs could be for you.