As stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Nordstrom exit Canada, it may seem like the future is bleak for retail here in the north. But, one Canadian is swooping in and “stepping into the gap” they left behind with a brand new home store brand called “rooms + spaces.”
Rooms + spaces will open its first 21 locations across Canada starting this summer, in former Bed Bath and Beyond and buybuy BABY stores.
According to a new press release, the store will “cater to the modern shopper who is looking to create spaces throughout their home that reflect their unique personality and style.”
The store will sell a variety of products for every room in your home, from essential kitchen gadgets to luxurious bath towels to unique items like “bed wedges, cherry pitters, and charcuterie sets.”
It will also carry the top brands in home goods, including oxo, Homedics, Cuisinart, Martex, and more.
Here are Canada’s cheapest cities to buy an apartment on a single income
Hot stuff: These are the warmest cities in Canada year-round
View this post on Instagram
Rooms + spaces is the latest venture by Canadian retail mogul Doug Putman, who is behind major chains like Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us Canada, Sunrise Records, Alex Brands, T.Kettle, and hmv in the UK.
In total, rooms + spaces will occupy a whopping 800,000 square feet of retail space in Canada across all 21 stores.
Here’s where all of the new stores will be located:
- Kelowna: Orchard Plaza, 1540 Keehn Road
- Langley: Langley City Square, 19860 Langley Bypass
- Vancouver: 1740 West Broadway
- Victoria: Mayfair, 775 Finlayson Street
- Calgary: Brentwood Village, 3630 Brentwood Road
- Calgary: Chinook Station, 306 Glenmore Trail SW
- Edmonton: South Edmonton Common, 2021-98 Street NW
- Edmonton: West Edmonton Mall, 8882 170 Street
- Regina: Grasslands, 4855 Gordon Road
- Saskatoon: Preston West, 1709 Preston Avenue North
- Belleville: Bell Front Shopping Centre, 366 North Front Street
- Cambridge: Smartcentres Cambridge, 70 Pinebush Road
- East Gwillimbury: Green Lane Centre, 1-18126 Yonge Street
- Kitchener: The Boardwalk, 225 The Boardwalk
- London: Westwood Centre, 3325 Wonderland Road
- Richmond Hill: Bayview Ridge Shopping Centre, 225 High Tech Road
- Stittsville: 5487 Hazeldean Road
- Stoney Creek: Heritage Greene, 1783 Stone Church Road East
- Whitby: Thickson Ridge Power Centre, 1650 Victoria Street East
- Woodbridge: RioCan Colossus Centre, 67 Colossus Drive
- St. John’s: The Village Shopping Centre, 430 Topsail Road
The chain is also hiring 500 associates right now and those interested can apply online.
So, get excited Canada because we have a brand new home goods chain coming our way soon!
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now