Thanksgiving is nearly here, and we couldn’t be more excited to dive into the season with a special meal shared with loved ones. However, in light of it being a stat holiday – it’s probably a good idea to plan ahead for possible closures. So with that in mind, here’s what’s open and closed on Thanksgiving Monday, (October 9th) this year.
- Parks, gardens, and beaches
- VanDusen Botanical Garden (open from 10 am to 5 pm)
- Bloedel Conservatory (open from 10 am to 5 pm)
- Granville Island Public Market (open from 9 am to 6 pm, individual stores vary)
- Science World (open from 9:30 am to 4 pm)
- Vancouver Art Gallery (tickets currently available between 10 am and 4 pm)
- Vancouver Aquarium (open from 10 am to 4 pm)
- Pharmacies (varying by location)
- Home Depot (modified hours)
- Translink bus, SkyTrain, and Seabus services (operating on a Sunday schedule)
- 7-Eleven (open 24 hours)
- BC Liquor Stores (open from 11 am to 6 pm)
- Grocery stores (varying by location)
- Shopping Malls (hours varying by location)
View this post on Instagram
- Government buildings
- Public libraries
- West Coast Express services
- TransLink Customer Service Centre and Lost Property Office
- Post Offices
Aside from October 9th, most business hours should remain as usual on Saturday and Sunday.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!