Christmas Day is almost upon us and much of the city will be shut down to celebrate. If you hoped to get out of the house, stretch those legs, and get some fresh air, take a look at this list of what’s open and closed on Christmas Day in Toronto so you know what to expect.
It’s worth noting that many stores and shopping malls are open on Christmas Eve, and will reopen with extended hours on Boxing Day.
Merry Christmas, friends!
And if you’re looking for LCBO or The Beer Store hours, check them out here.
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Toronto Zoo
- Northern Lights Toronto
- Cineplex theatres
- Select restaurants — see the open list here
- Rabba Fine Foods stores
- Wine Rack stores
- Pacific Mall
- Summerhill Market stores
- Shoppers Drug Mart stores
- Riverdale Farm
- High Park Zoo
- Select City of Toronto skating rinks
- GO Transit — Saturday service
- TTC — Sunday service
- Shopping malls
- Most retail stores
- Most major attractions — including Distillery District Winter Village, Christmas Glow, and Canada’s Wonderland
- Most grocery and big-box chains
- St. Lawrence Market
- Beer Stores
- Toronto Public Library branches
- Toronto community centres
- Mail delivery services
- Government offices
And there you have it! Now that you know what’s open and closed on Christmas Day in Toronto, you can plan ahead!