With so many new streaming platforms out there, it’s easy to feel like you’ve run out of things to watch. But, did you know that Netflix has secret codes? Yep, the streaming network has a set of codes that helps users navigate niche movie and show categories that enhance the viewing experience.
And right now, you can access special categories for Valentine’s Day that set the mood for a romantic night in. Before we dive into those, though, let’s go over how it all works.
To explore Netflix’s “secret menu” of collections, viewers just have to fire up their web browsers, type in “netflix.com/browse/genre/” and then add their ID code of choice to the end of the URL.
So whether you want to explore something specific like Witchcraft & the Dark Arts (81552046) or look for movies on the shorter side with 90-minute films (81466194) – Netflix has plenty of secret categories to choose from.
Here are a few secret categories & titles you’ll find:
- Binge-worth British Crime TV Shows (Body Guard, Top Boy): 1192582
- Chosen Family (Sex Education, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt): 81231348
- Don’t Watch Hungry (Somebody Feed Phil and Chef’s Table): 3272152
- Gal-pal TV Shows (Never Have I Ever, Grace & Frankie): 1143288
- Family Movie Night (The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Over the Moon): 2013975
- K-Dramas for Beginners (Crash Landing on You, Squid Game): 2953105
- Take a Trip Around the World (Emily in Paris, Amazing Vacation Rentals): 81282911
Netflix Canada updates new password sharing rules & here’s what to know
Canada’s new FREE streaming service now has over 120 channels
View this post on Instagram
Now, for some spicier codes. For all romantic movies, you can search with the code “8883.” Our suggestion? Cozy up by Netflix’s fireplace this Valentine’s Day and browse at your leisure. Or if you want to narrow down your options, here are some categories to check out.
Secret Valentine’s Day codes:
- Classic Romantic Movies: 31273
- Quirky Romance: 36103
- Romantic Comedies: 5475
- Romantic Dramas: 1255
- Romantic Favourites: 502675
- Romantic Independent Movies: 9916
- Steamy Romantic Movies: 35800
- Romantic Foreign Movies: 7153
As well, Netflix has interactive games like “Too Hot To Handle: Love Is a Game” to mix things up in between movies or shows.
And if you don’t want your night of rom-coms to cramp your feed or affect your Netflix recommendations, you can always delete your viewing history by opening your viewing activity on your profile, and clicking the “hide” icon next to the title you want to remove.
Viewers can check out Netflix’s full list of secret codes for even more options, with categories ranging from “pop culture icons” to “watch in one weekend.”
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now