Looking for ways to light up your August? How about with some beautifully sunny blooms at Maris Farms Sunflower Days? The 4th annual festival takes place this August and starts this weekend. Here’s what’s new this year and what you can expect.
This summer, Maris Farms Sunflower Days will run from Saturday, August 12th to Sunday, August 27th, and has 20 different varieties of sunflowers in bloom as well as a new addition of zinnias. The farm has also planted grass in between rows this year to help with dust and make your experience more enjoyable.
View this post on Instagram
Each admission to the festival includes “one bloom, a wagon ride, MEGA SLIDE!, zip lines, jump pillow, ropes course, and more than a dozen other activities for all ages”. With all those blooms there will be plenty of photo ops and you can always purchase more flowers, or shop from the Maker’s Market and Maris Farms’ own gift shop.
There will also be a selection of food and wine available for purchase.
Here’s a look at the daily event schedule during Sunflower Days:
- “Farm Open 11 AM-8 PM
- Makers Market 12 PM-6 PM
- Kettle & Roasted Corn Stand 11 AM-8 PM
- Gift Shop & Flower Sales 11 AM-8 PM
- Milk House Ice Cream and Treats 12:30 PM-8 PM
- Farm Grounds Espresso Stand 11 AM-7 PM
- Cow Train 11 AM-7:30 PM
- Jump Pillow, Mega Slide, Zipline, and Wagon Ride 11 AM-7:30 PM
- Unstaffed Play Activities 11 AM-8 PM
- Farmer’s Girl Grill 11 AM-8 PM
- Smokehouse Cafe 11:30 AM-6 PM
- BARn 12 PM-7:30 PM
- Light Show: 7:45 PM-8 PM”
As this is a popular annual event be sure to plan ahead and book your tickets now. Enjoy!
When: Weekends, Saturday, August 12th to Sunday, August 27th
Where: 25001 Sumner-Buckley Hwy, Buckley, WA