Have a favourite teacher or artist? Do you know someone who is a leader or an advocate that deserves to be recognized? Well, stretch those wrists, friends, because you’ve got a nomination form to fill out! The City’s Calgary Awards are just around the bend and they want you to be apart of it.
Annually since 1994, these awards have been given out to outstanding Calgarians who create and inspire others to be better or to do better.
View this post on Instagram
This year, 13 awards will be given to one nominee in each of the following categories:
- The Community Achievement Awards
- Grant MacEwan Lifetime Achievement
- Citizen of the Year
- Community Advocate (individual and organization)
- The Environmental Achievement Award
- The International Achievement Award
- The Award for Accessibility
- The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize (deadline was December 31, 2020)
Why not push for it to be someone you know?! For those who have the perfect candidate in mind, we encourage you to take the time to show them what they really mean to you!
Nominations are now open and will remain that way until Wednesday, February 10th, so get on it! There’s not much time, friends – and the submission form is quite the biggie. check out the City of Calgary Awards page here, and submit your someone special.