Heads up, folks! On Tuesday morning, Forbes released its new list of the best Canadian employers, and there’s been a switch-up in the rankings. No longer do corporate giants dominate the top 10- there are a few new faces amongst Canada’s elite. Let’s check it out!
The list covers 300 Canadian employers with at least 500 employees. To conduct the survey, some 8,000 employees of these companies. Not only did they provide feedback on their own workplace, but they were also asked to recommend other names.
— Forbes (@Forbes) January 26, 2021
So, let’s see which ones made it into the top 10 for 2021:
- Cisco- IT, Internet, Software
- Environment and Climate Change Canada- Government Services
- Ubisoft- Media and Advertising
- University of Guelph- Education
- University of Toronto- Education
- Canadian Mental Health Association- Healthcare
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts- Travel and Leisure
- Coca-Cola- Food and Beverage
- Laval University- Education
- Hydro-Quebec- Utilities
Wow. No Shopify, no Google, no Microsoft? And instead, two relatively progressive government bodies landed on the list? Wild stuff. We’re also impressed that Four Seasons held on, considering the travel industry got decimated this year.
Curious about your own workplace? It might just be on there (although how far down the list, we’re not sure). To check out the full list of the best Canadian employers for 2021, head over to the Forbes website.
Read more in Lifestyle
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!