Filipino Restaurant Month in Canada is just a few days away and the official list of participating restaurants has been revealed.
After a successful debut last year, the second annual Filipino Restaurant Month in Canada will kick off in April, featuring local restaurants across the country serving up the best in Filipino cuisine.
Throughout the month of April, restaurants will participate and offer prix fixe menus that “highlight the unique variety of Filipino food and ingredients and the talent of Filipino chefs throughout Canada.”
The Philippine Embassy in Ottawa and The Philippine Consulates General in Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver will execute this year’s event once again.
Bill Nye is coming to Toronto this week & you can still get tickets
Here’s where you can get a house below the average price in Canada
View this post on Instagram
Here’s the list of participating restaurants:
- B’s Sizzling – 430A Horner Avenue, Etobicoke
- Sari-Sari Filipino Cuisine – 347 Lancaster Street W., Kitchener
- Tamis Café & Restaurant – 374 Bank Street, Ottawa
- Lola’s Kitchen – 765 Somerset Street W, Ottawa
- Casa Manila – 879 York Mills Road, North York
- MB The Place To Be -3434 Bathurst Street, North York
- Republika Restobar & Grill – 288-A Wilson Avenue, North York
- The Crane Kitchen -850 Sheppard Avenue West, North York
- Bao Mama – 4419 Sheppard Avenue E., Scarborough
- FV Foods – 2085 Lawrence Avenue E., Scarborough
- Casa Manila (Danforth) – 508 Danforth Avenue, Scarborough
- ISLA’s Filipino BBQ & Bar – 1690 Queen Street W., Toronto
- Kanto by Tita Flips – 2986 Dundas Street W., Toronto & 707 Dundas Street W., Toronto
- Lechon Republik – 1 Romar Crescent, Unit 2, Toronto
- The Original Barrio Fiesta – 45 Overlea Blvd, East York Town Centre, Toronto
Last year, about 40 dining establishments across the country in 18 different cities took part and over 1,000 orders were made. This year, they’re aiming higher.
“We hope to continue to inspire and spark the interest of the Canadian market in visiting the Philippines through tasting our food,” said the Tourism Attaché of the Philippine Department of Tourism in San Francisco, Soleil Tropicales.
“The richness of our cuisine reflects the over 7,000 islands we have that are filled with endless fun and adventure.”
Read more in Food & Drink
Toronto's getting a grilled cheese festival this weekend & here's where
This new Toronto park was once a landfill & has undergone a huge transformation
10 of the best hidden bars and speakeasies in Toronto
New Toronto restaurants & bars to try this June
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now