The CNE is FINALLY here and we can’t help but get excited for all the fun-filled activities, food, and entertainment that will consume our lives for the next two weeks That being said, the CNE is keeping us amped for its annual event with the announcement of its 17-day concert line-up. The 2023 Bandshell headliners have been revealed and here’s who to expect!
From platinum-selling powerhouse Amanda Marshall, to Six-time GRAMMY-winner Dionne Warwick, this year’s CNE Bandshell will have special tribute nights, themed concerts, and even a Drag EXtravaganza starring Canada’s Drag Race Tynomi Banks.
In celebration of 50 years of hip-hop, Toronto’s Kardinal Offishall, Choclair, and Polaris Prize rapper Haviah Mighty will perform classic hip-hop anthems, too.
As for the iconic singer Dionne Warwick, she will headline on August 19, with it being her only Canadian stop on her North American Tour this summer.
View this post on Instagram
Excited? Here’s the full line up:
2023 CNE Bandshell Concert Series Headliners:
- Friday, August 18 – Dwayne Gretzky
- Saturday, August 19 – Dionne Warwick
- Sunday, August 20 – Shafqat Amanat Ali
- Monday, August 21 – William Prince
- Tuesday, August 22 – Kim Mitchell
- Wednesday, August 23 – Double Show! 6 PM: Stephen Ridley headlines; 8 PM: Amanda Marshall headlines
- Thursday, August 24 – Marcia Griffiths
- Friday, August 25 – “Hip Hop 50” ft. Kardinal Offishall, Choclair, and Haviah Mighty
- Saturday, August 26 – Jann Arden
- Sunday, August 27 – LOLO / MICO
- Monday, August 28 – A Flock of Seagulls
- Tuesday, August 29 – Drag EXtravaganza starring Tynomi Banks with Mo Heart, Ivory Towers, Jan Sport, and more
- Wednesday, August 30 – The Washboard Union
- Thursday, August 31 – Dr. Jay
- Friday, September 1 – The Sheepdogs
- Saturday, September 2 – Classic Albums Live tribute to Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon
- Sunday, September 3 – Brett Kissel
Concerts are free with your CNE ticket!
But there are other ways to get cheaper CNE tickets like going on opening night or on evenings.
It’s about to be an exciting few weeks in Toronto.