Attention, young travellers! Your dreams of living abroad in Italy can now come true, thanks to the new Canada-Italy Youth Mobility Agreement announced this week.

Canada has signed an agreement with Italy that provides both Canadian and Italian youth with the opportunity to live, work, and travel in each other’s countries for longer than ever before.

“This new agreement allows youth, aged 18 to 35 years old, to work and travel for up to 12 months, and participate twice in the program, for a total of 24 months,” says a statement from the federal government.

Recent Posts
This Canadian rail tour was just named the world’s leading luxury train
2 Canadian destinations make National Geographic’s ‘Best Of The World’ list for 2023

This also gives Canadians more options when applying for international work and travel experience through the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program.

As part of this program, there are two new streams that will help young travellers gain professional work experience abroad, called International Co-op and Young Professionals.

With International Co-op, “participants receive an employer-specific work permit that allows students to gain targeted experience in their field of study,’ the description says.

Young Professionals is also an employer-specific permit to gain “targeted, professional work experience” within the participant’s field of study or career path.

These are in addition to the existing Working Holiday visa, which allows Canadian youth to “receive an open work permit that allows them to work anywhere in the host country to support their travels.”

In addition to Italy, there are countless other countries Canadians can apply to live in through the IEC Program, including the U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, and many more.

If you’re ready to infuse your life with adventure, this is the ultimate way to do it!