When deciding on a hotel to stay at, travellers to Canada have plenty of top destinations to consider. From luxury resorts and island stays to cruise ships, spas, and cozy inns – there are tons of routes you could take, depending on the type of vacation or getaway you’re planning. And when it comes to city hotels, BC and Quebec take the cake, according to Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards survey.
The survey asks travellers across the globe to weigh in on their favourite travel experiences and top stays – and this year, nearly 165,000 participants cast their votes.
View this post on Instagram
Over 8,500 unique properties across the country were evaluated based on the quality of their service, location, food, accommodation, and the value of their stays.
In Quebec, luxury hotels in Old Montreal were selected as favourites due to their “storybook city views and a sense of history.”
Likewise, top city hotels in Quebec City were hailed for their “exemplary hospitality.”
And in Vancouver, voters appreciated the number of stays that are situated close to the city’s cruise port, which gave them even greater access as well as stunning waterfront views.
So with that in mind, here are T+L’s 10 Favourite City Hotels in Canada of 2023:
- Hotel Nelligan: Montreal, Quebec
- Hôtel Place D’Armes: Montreal, Quebec
- Auberge Saint-Antoine: Quebec City, Quebec
- The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto: Toronto, Ontario
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Pan Pacific Vancouver: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Magnolia Hotel & Spa: Victoria, British Columbia
- Fairmont Pacific Rim: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Four Seasons Hotel Montreal: Montreal, Quebec
- JW Marriott Parq Vancouver: Vancouver, British Columbia
So there you have it, travellers! If you’re ready to set your sights on Vancouver or Montreal, you’ll have some top-notch city hotels to choose from.