If you’re looking to transition to your next role, be it temporary or permanent, Parks Canada has a ton of jobs to fill in BC right now. From Radium Hot Springs to Pacific Rim National Park, prospective applicants have the chance to work at some of the most breathtaking places in the province. So if you love the great outdoors and are passionate about preserving Canada’s national parks, one of these jobs might be right up your alley!
According to Parks Canada, there are plenty of reasons employees stick around. Work-life balance, competitive pay, and the ability to work at some of the most beautiful places in the country, for starters.
View this post on Instagram
Here are all of the open roles in BC that you can find on the Parks Canada website:
- Visitor Experience Manager II – Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve
- Outreach Team Member (Student) – Inventory
- Heritage Presenter – Fort St. James National Historic Site
- Resource Management Officer I (Aquatics)
- Resource Management Officer II (Aquatics)
- Various Student Positions – Fort St. James National Historic Site
- Visitor Services Team Leader IV – Anticipatory
- Technical Services Coordinator II (Asset Management)
- Heritage Presenter (Inventory)
- National Skilled Trades Portal
- IT Jobs at Parks Canada (Inventory)
- Visitor Services Attendant
- Facility Cleaner/Janitor (Visitor Facilities Attendant)
- Lifeguard – Inventory
Parks Canada advises those interested in applying to submit their applications ASAP, as they always have “ongoing needs” and positions to fill.
The advantage of applying for an ‘inventory’ role is that you only have to apply once, and will be considered for several jobs in the process. So even if you’re not selected for the initial role you wanted, there will be other opportunities!
Looking for something more temporary and student-friendly? Parks Canada is also hiring across the country for summer jobs right now – and some pay up to $30 an hour.
So there you have it, outdoor enthusiasts. If you’ve ever wanted to live and work near a provincial park, consider applying for one of these jobs at BC Parks.