At the corner of West Georgia and Howe, a new two-storey Apple store at Pacific Centre is brewing. And by brewing, we mean construction is complete, and the new store has an official opening date, Friday, November 18th.
According to the tech giant, the new store is decked out with vibrant local art designed by Canadian designer Mooren (Mo) Bofill and acclaimed xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) weaver and artist Debra Sparrow. Spanning more than 30 feet, the artwork features 12 “playful nods” to Apple products & features – including the Apple Pencil, Face ID Smile, and Airpods.
On Apple’s website, it says simply, “we’re moving outside, come join us.” And to celebrate the opening, Apple is planning a special lineup of free events. Here’s what visitors can expect to see during the opening weekend:
- Guided Meditation with JoAnna Hardy – 2 to 2:30 pm on Friday, November 18th
- Live performance by Boslen from 4 to 5 pm on Friday, November 18th
- Art Lab: Drawing Inspiration from Nature with Mia Ohki from noon until 1:30 pm on Saturday, November 19th
- Photo Lab: Making a Powerful Portrait with Alia Youssef from 3 to 4:30 pm on Saturday, November 19th
- Live performance by Chloé Arnold (choreographer from Spirited) from 6 to 6:30 pm on Saturday, November 19th
- Art Lab: Dream Up Original Illustrations with Tierney Milne from 5 to 6:30 pm on Sunday, November 20th
Over the weekend, visitors can also explore Today at Apple Photo Tour sessions, where Apple Creative Pros will teach Apple users how to best capture cityscapes on their iPhones. The tour will take participants through downtown Vancouver.
And if that’s not enough to get you excited, Apple Maps is also releasing a tour with Vancouver-native Michael Bublé that takes guests around the artist’s fave spots around the city. That’s right, you can dine at Bublé’s favourite spot for dim sum, explore the Vancouver Aquarium like never before, and much more.
Well, that’s a wrap on the new store for now. We’ll see you during opening weekend, Vancouver!
When: Opening on Friday, November 18th
Where: 701 West Georgia Street