With colder weather on the way, some of you may be looking for warmer winter getaways. While you can score great flight deals this winter, you might just want to consider train travel. Why you ask? Well, two of our very own local Amtrak routes just ranked among the most beautiful winter train rides in North America.
Travel + Leisure has compiled a list of the most beautiful winter train rides and Seattle was recognized twice! The must-ride train routes this winter are as follows.
- Aurora Winter Train: Anchorage, Alaska
- Yellowstone in the Winter: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Empire Builder: Chicago, Illinois
- Cascade Canyon Winter Train: Durango, Colorado
- Seattle and Canadian Rockies Winter Discovery: Seattle, Washington
- Colorado Ski Train: Denver, Colorado
- Napa Valley Wine Train: Napa, California
- Winter Escape to the Grand Canyon: Chicago Illinois
- Coast Starlight Train: Seattle, Washington
- California Zephyr: Chicago, Illinois
- Adirondack Train: New York City, New York
- Ethan Allen Express Train: New York City, New York
Here’s how you can get 25% off on your next Amtrak Cascades ticket
Amtrak is having a limited-time pre-Black Friday sale with deals of up to $500 off
View this post on Instagram
We’re focusing on the Coast Starlight route because it takes you to warmer and sunnier places. The grand west coast train adventure runs daily between Seattle and Los Angeles. It makes stops 30 stops from start to finish, passing through Santa Barbara, the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and Portland.
It’s widely regarded as one of the most spectacular train routes and of course a great way to see the west coast. After all, you get to see the diversity of landscapes and ecosystems as you pass through the snow-covered peaks of the Cascade Range, and see lush forests, fertile valleys, and long stretches of the Pacific Ocean shoreline.
Considering it’s a route that runs daily, it’s easy to book and worth adding to your winter plans.
Read more in Lifestyle
Seattle Mariners' T-Mobile Park ranks among best ballparks in nation
A rare 1992 Jim Olson house just hit the market on one of Capitol Hill's premier streets
The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival starts this weekend & here are your options
Seattle just ranked among the best cities to study in the US
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now