Looking to break into your field or start a new chapter? Don’t jazz your resume up for just anyone – at least, not until you checked out the list of Alberta’s top employers for 2023.
Whether you’re in search of stability or supportive workplace policies, this annual breakdown is meant to help hopefuls find a comfortable, rewarding position in their industry – which is especially helpful now that the job market has begun making its return.
“Recent forecasts point to significant job creation in Alberta,” Richard Yerema, executive editor at Mediacorp, the company behind the list, said.
View this post on Instagram
“With growing demand for the latest skills and new ways of working, employers in the province are having to work harder to attract talent amid a very tight labour market.”
So how did they compile this year’s list?
According to the press release, each eligible company was judged on everything from the atmosphere and physical workplace, benefits, vacation time, and time off, as well as communication, performance management and training.
By putting similar companies side by side, editors were able to see which ones offered the best of the best – and the following were the 75 that made the cut:
- Absorb Software Inc.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation / AFSC
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Alberta Central
- Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis / AGLC
- Alberta Health Services / AHS
- Alberta Innovates
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- Alberta Pensions Services Corporation / APS
- Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan / ASEBP
- Alberta Securities Commission / ASC
- Alberta Teachers’ Association, The
- Appeals Commission for Alberta Workers’ Compensation
- Aquatera Utilities Inc.
- ATCO Group
- Bennett Jones LLP
- Birchcliff Energy Ltd.
- BluEarth Renewables Inc.
- Boardwalk REIT
- Bow Valley College
- Calgary Airport Authority, The
- Calgary Co-operative Association Limited
- Calgary Police Service
- Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District
- Calgary West Central Primary Care Network / CWC PCN
- Canada Energy Regulator
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited
- CapitalCare Group Inc.
- Champion Petfoods LP
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Convergint Technologies Ltd.
- Corteva Agriscience Canada
- Covenant Health
- Dentons Canada LLP
- Duncan Craig LLP
- DynaLIFE Dx
- Edmonton Catholic Separate School Division
- Enbridge Inc.
- ENMAX Corporation
- EPCOR Utilities Inc.
- Fluor Canada Ltd.
- FortisAlberta Inc.
- Gibson Energy Inc.
- Gilead Alberta ULC
- Graham Group
- Imperial Oil Limited
- Inter Pipeline Ltd.
- Keyera Corp.
- Lac La Biche County
- Lafarge Canada Inc.
- Lakeland College
- Mawer Investment Management Ltd.
- Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd.
- NAIT / Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- NovAtel Inc., part of Hexagon
- Olympia Financial Group Inc.
- Pason Systems Corp.
- PCL Construction
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- PRIMED Medical Products, Inc.
- Riva International, Inc.
- Rogers Insurance Ltd.
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation, The
- Shell Canada Limited
- Silvacom Ltd.
- Translational Research In Oncology
- UFA Co-operative Limited
- University of Calgary
- Western Financial Group Inc.
- Wood Buffalo, Regional Municipality of
- Workers’ Compensation Board – Alberta
And there you have it! 75 of the top employers in Alberta. Now go out there and sell yourself. You deserve to work somewhere that makes you happy. Good luck and enjoy!