Well folks it looks like Seattle is about to get put on the map for something more than tech and coffee. Seattle’s Cloudburst Brewing has won the “The Brewery and Brewer of the Year” at the prestigious Great American Beer Festival in Denver. Looks like it might just be time to grab a pint.
The Seattle brewery won the award for the small brewery category which is defined as brewing 1,001 to 2,000 barrels yearly. Cloudburst definitely lives up to the small brewery identity as they only have 7 full-time employees according to the Seattle Times. So you can imagine what a shock and also honor this was for the folks at Cloudburst.
Fremont Oktoberfest returns this month as Seattle’s largest beer fest & tix are on sale now
Here are 7 boozy brunch spots to hit up in Seattle this weekend
View this post on Instagram
But it’s probably not too much of a shock to Seattleites as this brewery is well-loved. They’re known for creating unique brews and owner and head brewer Steve Luke was a 2020 James Beard semifinalist for “Outstanding Wine, Beer or Spirits Producer”. So clearly the folks at Cloudburst know a thing or two about making good beer.
That being said, they weren’t the only local brewery to win at the Great American Beer Festival. In fact, 21 other medals went to breweries both in Seattle and across the state.
- Aslan Brewing Co., gold, German Sour Ale: Disco Lemonade
- Chainline Brewing Co., silver, Bohemian-Style Pilsner: Polaris Pilsner
- Chuckanut Brewery, gold, German Style Kolsch: Kolsch
- Cloudburst Brewing, gold, Kellerbier or Zwickelbier: Entschuldigung!
- Elysian Brewing, gold, Pumpkin Beer: Night Owl
- Fremont Brewing, silver, Old Ale or Strong Ale or Barley Wine: Brew 4000
- Ghostfish Brewing Co., gold, Gluten-Free Beer: Watchstander Stout
- Grains of Wrath Brewing, bronze, Session India Pale Ale: Ticklish Warrior
- Grains of Wrath Brewing, gold, Munich-Style Helles: Frost Hammer Helles
- Kulshan Brewing Co., silver, German Sour Ale: Gose
- Kulshan Brewing, bronze, Munich-Style Helles: Helles
- Loowit Brewing Co., bronze, Robust Porter: Grimlock
- Lowercase Brewing, silver, English-Style Brown Ale: Brown Ale
- Mirage Beer Co., silver, Field Beer: Versatile Solutions for Modern Living
- Reuben’s Brews, bronze, Belgian-Style Witbier: Lilywhite Wit
- San Juan Island Brewing Co., bronze, International Dark Lager: The Late Boat Czech-Style Dark Lager
- Silver City Brewery, bronze, Old Ale or Strong Ale or Barley Wine: Old Scrooge
- Stoup Brewing, silver, America-Style Pale Ale: Mosaic Pale Ale
- Stoup Brewing, silver, American Amber/Red Ale: Stoup NW Red
- The Good Society, gold, Belgian-Style Table Beer or Belgian Style Session Ale: First to Fall
- Varietal Beer Co., silver, Juicy or Hazy Strong Pale Ale: Sup Cuz IPA
If you’d like to check out all of the winners of the Great American Beer Festival you can click here. And if you’re looking to grab a drink this week, a visit to Cloudburst Brewing is definitely in order. Not to mention some tasty new IPAs will be hitting the taproom soon. You can click below to find out more.
Where: 2116 Western Ave & 5456 Shilshole Ave NW
Hours: Varies by location
Read more in Food & Drink
Here's how you can get your favorite Ivar's entree for $1.18
The owners of Island Soul are opening a new restaurant in Kirkland this spring
14 of the best burgers you can find in Seattle
12 of the best cheap eats you can find in Seattle for $15 and under
Curiocity In Your Inbox!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive deals, stories, info & more!Subscribe Now